Hunt Transportation takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry has to offer. See our qualifications below.
- Valid Class A CDL
- TWIC Card and Alabama coil certificate.
- One year verifiable tractor trailer experience
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Has a stable, verifiable work history
- Has attained the minimum age of 22 years
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description
As part of the employment process, all applicants cleared for hire by Hunt Transportation drivers will attend orientation in Omaha, Nebraska.
Owner operators are paid $.40 as a fuel surcharge to deadhead from their home location or last location to the nearest orientation site. Lodging and meals are paid for while attending orientation.
Truck driver orientation will be held over seven (7) days.
- All Hunt Transportation drivers must pass the pre-work screen to be eligible to drive for our company. Upon completion of the drug screen and pre-work screen, you will proceed with your DOT physical, then on to orientation. The pre-work screen is a series of physical tests to determine a driver’s fitness to perform the necessary tasks expected of our drivers. Click here to watch the pre-work screen video.
- In the classroom, our drivers get introduced to Hunt’s mobile communication system, a trip planning refresher, a review of safety guidelines and cargo securement designed to keep you, and those with whom you share the road safe
- Drivers will go through a pre-trip inspection, coupling/uncoupling procedure and a road course to make sure you are ready to drive the open road.
If you already own your truck, we require it to be able to scale 44,500 lbs. That means your truck will need to weigh no more than 19,500 lbs. with 50 gallons of fuel on board.
If you have questions about our program or other opportunities, please call a driver recruiter at 888-228-9685.